ChakDe Privacy Statement
What services are provided on the Chakde Platform?
Messaging services for Communities and platform for learning, health and more
Who may use the Platform?
Any person, individual, business, corporation, etc. may use the Platform for exchanging lawful messages with communities.
What data do we collect and How do we get it?
We collect the personal information of Users, including names, and email addresses at the time of registration of the User on the Platform. We also collect non-personally identifiable information (such as the type of computer/device of the user, operating system version, Internet browser type and version, time and duration of access to the Platform, etc.) and demographic data for the purpose of analysis and improvement of our services.
Why do we need the data?
In order to provide our services and facilitate delivery of our services to our Users and to ensure the integrity of our systems and platform, we must authenticate the identity of each User.
Where do we store our data?
Being committed to adhering to the highest standards of data security, we respond to any concerns, queries, or complaints of users or candidates within an acceptable time based on a number of inquiries.
- 1. chakde.io (hereinafter referred to as “Chakde”, “Website” or “Platform”, which term includes the website, sub-domains of the website, software, mobile application(s) or any other medium through which the Owner may provide its services) is owned and operated by Pi Innovations (“the Owner”), a proprietorship firm and having its office at No. 2453, 9 Main, 17 E Cross, BSK 2 Stage, Bangalore 560070.
- 2. Chakde is an internet based platform for _community based services. The services offered by the Owner are subject to registration on the Platform, satisfaction of the criteria specified by the Owner, and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- 6. Acceptance of these terms is a prerequisite for using the Platform for any purpose, including accessing information regarding any virtual moot court competition being conducted on the Platform. By virtue of using and / or registering on the Platform or Website, it is deemed that you accept all and any of the terms and conditions specified in the Agreement. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and The Platform and governs your use of the Platform’s Services.
II. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information and other Information
- a. When you use the Platform, we collect and store your personal information which is provided by you from time to time. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you with a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize the Platform to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose and for providing our services. We do not collect or retain any sensitive personal information such as biometric information, physical and physiological condition, government identifiers, bank account details etc. but we do require certain personal information such as name, location, address, mobile number, etc. in order to authenticate your identity and to provide you our services through the Platform.
- b. In general, you can browse the website or use the app without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, to use the services of the Platform, you must register with the Platform. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Platform. However, you will need to create a personal profile in order to use the Platform and avail the services provided on or through the Platform. The details you include in your personal profile shall be viewable by us and our business partners and other persons with whom you may voluntarily chose to share your personal profile, in order to provide smooth services and to ensure authenticity and prevent fraud and mischief.
- e. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities with respect to the Platform, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- f. We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, etc.) from you when you set up an account with us. We require this information to provide you our services. We may use your contact information to send you promotions, advertisements or alerts based on your geo-location and the data collected by us. As part of our services, We will necessarily have to share certain personal information with third parties involved in delivery and logistics. We may also share your personal information to our employees, agents, consultants or with trusted third parties, on a purely ‘need-to-know’ basis and will treat such information as confidential information.
- g. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with the Platform, even if they are not registered with us. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider utilized and other similar information, including Media Access Control (MAC) address, screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version, time and duration of access to the Platform or any part thereof. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Platform through a mobile device.
- h. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using the Platform, or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
III. Use of Personal Information
- a. We use your personal information to provide our services. Authenticating your identity and personal information is necessary for us to provide our services and to prevent misuse of the Platform. We may also use your personal information to communicate with you regarding our services; to troubleshoot problems; resolve disputes; measure consumer interest in specific products and services; to customize your experience; to detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; or to enforce our terms and conditions at the time of collection.
- b. In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on the Platform. The Owner reserves the right to provide aggregate demographic information of its members / user base to advertisers, organizations / associations, governmental authorities / departments, third party service providers and others in furtherance of the objects of the Owner and in the interests of promoting transparent and consumer / user – driven practices and policies. We may share some of your personal information to trusted third parties on the Platform in order to ensure transparency, authenticate and verify the information provided to us or collected by us.
- c. We may employ third-party companies and individuals for the following activities:
- 1. To facilitate our services;
- 2. To provide the services on our behalf;
- 3. To perform service-related services; or
- 4. To assist us in analyzing how our service is used.
These third parties may have access to your personal information for the purposes mentioned above. However, they shall be obligated not to disclose or use such information for any other purpose.
- d. We could share sensitive personal information of individual Users with governmental authorities or third party service providers.
- e. We identify and use your IP address and geo-location to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
- f. Sharing of information with third parties
- i. The Platform understands the need to balance User’s privacy with the interests of the Platform. As part of providing our services, we will need to disclose your personal information to third parties and by accepting to use the Platform you agree to such disclosure for the purposes mentioned herein.
- ii. We may disclose personal information to third parties to provide you access to our Services, provide logistical and delivery services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
IV. Safety Guidelines
- a. We do not screen or filter User generated content and you are solely responsible for whatever information or document you upload to the Platform. We will not allow to be uploaded, published or posted anything on the Platform or website that, in our discretion, we think could be potentially endangering or inflammatory or embarrassing to our Users. The following are pointers to be kept in mind by users in the interests of their safety online and on the Platform : i. Users are solely liable for the security of their passwords. No administrator of the Platform will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from the Platform when finished. The Owner does not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify the Owner by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. Users are solely liable for the security of their passwords. No administrator of the Platform will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from the Platform when finished. The Owner does not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify the Owner by sending an email to email@example.com
- 2. All Users are responsible for the safety of their personal information. We strongly recommend that Users do not disclose their physical addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or other personal information online for public viewing.
- 3. Do not post chain letters, promote pyramid schemes or recruit other Users for any network marketing or multilevel marketing businesses.
- 4. Do not recruit other Users to join another website forum or chat group, whether personal or otherwise.
- 5. All Users are reminded that they may be held legally accountable for what they say or do online. In particular, Users may be held liable for any plagiarism, threats and / or untrue statements, impersonation and defamatory comments.
- b. If you feel your account has been compromised of if you have any grievance in respect of your personal information and its usage by the Platform / Owner, please send an e-mail to our designated Grievance Redressal Officer whose details are below :
Name : Dr. RM Sudhakar
E-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Links to Other Sites
b. Security Precautions
Our Platform has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access. We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us or emailing us at email@example.com.
c. Advertisements on the Platform and its sub-domains
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website or Platform. These companies may use demographic information and personal sensitive information (including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
d. Your Consent :
As and when there is any amendment to this policy, you will be notified by e-mail if you are registered with us. However, continued use after such amendment would signify your assent to any such amendment and your consent in respect of the new / amended terms.