We provides a community platform and application program interface (API) on a software as a service and platform as a service basis (“Service”, as further defined below). The Service is provided on a subscription basis as further described in this Agreement and on the Website under specific subscription plans offered by Provider from time to time. The Services are provided through the website https://chakde.io (the “Website”). This Agreement applies to anyone (“You”/”Customer”) who subscribes for or otherwise uses the Services.
THESE TERMS (WHICH TOGETHER WITH ANY ONLINE ORDER PROCESS OR ORDER FORM OFFERED BY CHAKDE THROUGH THE WEBSITE WHICH INCORPORATE THESE TERMS BY REFERENCE (“ORDER FORM”) ARE COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE “AGREEMENT”) CONTAIN IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS ON REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REMEDIES AND LIABILITIES THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO THE SERVICES. ACCORDINGLY, YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES. EITHER BY CLICKING A BOX INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OR BY EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THESE TERMS, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS HEREOF. IF YOU ARE AN AGENT OR EMPLOYEE OF AN ENTITY YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (I) THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT IS AUTHORIZED TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT ON SUCH ENTITY’S BEHALF AND TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, AND (II) SUCH ENTITY HAS FULL POWER, CORPORATE OR OTHERWISE, TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND PERFORM ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, THEN DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT OR SERVICES.
1. Provision of Service.
- 1. Provision Generally. On execution by each Party of the Order Form, during the SubscriptioChakde will provide Customer with access to Chakde community platform and Chakde application program interface (API) (collectively, the “Service”) allowing Customer to build scalable customer online community in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In order to access and use the Service, Customer is responsible at its own expense for obtaining its own Internet access and any hardware and software required therefor. Customer’s right to use the Service during the Subscription Term shall be subject to and in accordance with any additional conditions, restrictions or parameters specified in the Order Form(s)
- 2. Grant of Rights. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including the applicable Order Form), Chakde hereby grants to Customer a limited, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable (except for permitted assignments as hereinafter described) right to access and use the Service in accordance with the Documentation (as defined in Section 7.1), subject to the purchased quota (as further described in the Order Form’s pricing tiers) and solely for Customer’s internal business purposes during the Subscription Term. Customer may use Chakde community platform to host an online community for its own customers, but Chakde community platform can’t be sold as a service by the Customer to other customers. All rights not expressly granted to Customer are reserved by Chakde and its licensors. There are no implied rights.
- 3. Eligibility Requirements. By entering into this Agreement, Customer represents and warrants that Customer meets the following minimum requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”): (a) Customer has the necessary rights and authority to enter into and perform the obligations required of Customer under this Agreement; (b) the Customer Data (as defined herein) is and will remain within Customer’s right to use, accurate, complete and current; (c) Customer’s use of the Service will comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and (d) Customer will not infringe the rights of any third party (including without limitation any intellectual property rights or privacy rights) in its use of the Service.
- 4. Restrictions. Customer shall not (and shall not allow any third party to): (a) permit any third party to access or use the Service except as envisioned by the Service in its normal operation or specified herein; (b) alter, modify, debug, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software (including source code) associated with the Service; (c) use any unauthorized robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Service, or engage in any scraping, data-mining, harvesting, data aggregating or indexing of the Service except to have copy of Customer Data and End User Data (d)frame or mirror any content forming part of the Service; or (e) access the Service in order to (f) build a competitive product or service, or (ii) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service. Customer shall keep all passwords and API keys provided to it safe and secure, and shall be responsible for all use of the Service using passwords or API keys issued to Customer. Customer shall notify Chakde immediately of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of its passwords or API keys for the Service. Without limiting any of its other rights or remedies, Chakde reserves the right to suspend access to the Service if Chakde reasonably believes that Customer has materially violated the restrictions and obligations in this Agreement after providing Customer written notice remained ineffective within 15 days.
- 5. The Service may not be accessed or used by any national or resident of a country embargoed by the United Stated or Canada including countries sanctioned by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or the Financial Action Task Force (FATF). By accessing or using the Service, Customer is representing and warranting that Customer is not located in, under the control of, or are a national or resident of any country to which the use of the Service would be prohibited by the laws of Canada or the United States.
- 6. Customer Cooperation. Customer shall: (a) reasonably cooperate with Chakde in all matters relating to the Service; (b) respond promptly to any Chakde request to provide information, approvals, authorizations or decisions that are reasonably necessary for Chakde to provide the Service in accordance with this Agreement; and (c) provide such Customer materials or information as Chakde may reasonably request to provide the Service and ensure that such materials or information are complete and accurate in all material respects.
2. Fees; Payments; Taxes.
- 1. Fees. Customer shall pay Chakde the monthly fees set forth in the Order Form and make such payment in accordance with the instructions and schedule set forth in the Order Form. If the Order Form does not specify payment terms, the payment terms shall be net 45 days from receipt of invoice. Limited Services may be made available on a “free” basis, in which event no fees shall be payable.
- 2. Increases. Chakde reserves the right to increase its fees upon at least 90 days’ advance notice (e-mail or otherwise) to Customer; provided, however, that fee increases will not take effect until the start of the next Subscription Term.
- 3. Taxes. All amounts due hereunder are exclusive of all sales, use, excise, service, value added, or other taxes, duties and charges of any kind (whether foreign, federal, state, local or other) associated with this Agreement, the Service, or Customer’s access to the Service. Customer shall be solely responsible for all such taxes, duties and charges (except for taxes imposed on Chakde income), which may be invoiced by Chakde from time-to-time.
- 4. Late Payments. Customer shall pay interest on all late payments with 15 days written prior notice, at the lesser of (a) 1.5% per month or (b) the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Customer shall reimburse Chakde for all costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred in collecting any unpaid amounts owed by Customer hereunder.
3. Term & Termination.
- 1. Term, Termination and Automatic Renewal. Customer’s initial subscription term for the Service commences on the date of acceptance of the applicable Order Form by Chakde and, unless sooner terminated as set forth herein, will continue for the period specified in the Order Form (the “Initial Subscription Term” or the “Subscription Term”). Notices to Chakde shall be sent to legal@Chakde.com.
- 2. Termination for Breach. Either Party may terminate this Agreement by written notice thereof to the other Party, if the other Party materially breaches this Agreement and, where such breach is curable, has not cured such breach within 30 days’ receipt of written notice thereof.
4. Customer Data and End User Data.
- 1. Data Generally. All account and billing information, and all data and information which the Customer, or its End Users (being its employees and any other person who it permits to use its instance of the Service) inputs into the Service (collectively, “Customer Data”) will not be used by Chakde except as permitted herein. Chakde agrees to protect Customer Data and End User Data with no less than industry-standard information security tools and procedures. Customer hereby grants to Chakde a limited, non- exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, manipulate, and display the Customer Data solely in connection with providing the Service to Customer. Chakde may analyze Customer Data, and data of other customers, to create aggregated and anonymized statistics or data that do not identify Customer or any individual, household, user, browser, or device and Chakde may during and after the Subscription Term use and disclose such statistics or data in its discretion. Except as specified otherwise in this Agreement, Customer shall be solely responsible for providing, updating, uploading and maintaining all Customer Data. Chakde shall operate the Service in a manner that provides reasonable information security for Customer Data and End User Data, using commercially reasonable data backup, security, and recovery protections. Personal data included in Customer Data and End User Data will only be processed in accordance with Chakde Data Processing Agreement attached as Exhibit A (“Data Processing Agreement”).
5. Warranty Disclaimer.
- 1. Disclaimer. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS –IS” BASIS, AND, CHAKDE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (IN EACH CASE WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY (A) OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT (subject to the provisions of the article 9), (B) THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS, WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE , ACCESSIBLE, UNINTERRUPTED), TIMELY, OR OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR, (C) AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, OR (D) AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE.
- 2. Additional Disclaimer. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SERVICE IS HOSTED BY A THIRD PARTY HOSTING PROVIDER (THE “HOSTING CONTRACTOR”) AND USES THIRD PARTY SERVER HARDWARE, DISK STORAGE, FIREWALL PROTECTION, SERVER OPERATING SYSTEMS, MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS, WEB SERVER PROGRAMS FOR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICE (THE “HOSTING CONTRACTOR SERVICES”). ADDITIONALLY, Chakde USES THIRD PARTIES TO HELP RECEIVE PAYMENTS (“PAYMENT PROCESSOR”). CHAKDE MAY CHANGE ITS HOSTING CONTRACTOR AND PAYMENT PROCESSOR AT ANY TIME. CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO ANY RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY THE HOSTING CONTRACTOR AND THE PAYMENT PROCESSOR, AS APPLICABLE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, CHAKDE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS, FAILURES, DEFECTS OR ERRORS WITH THE SERVICE TO THE EXTENT CAUSED BY THE HOSTING CONTRACTOR OR PAYMENT PROCESSOR. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE FEES PAYABLE FOR THE SERVICE REFLECT THE FACT THAT Chakde IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTS AND OMISSIONS OF THE HOSTING CONTRACTOR OR PAYMENT PROCESSOR, AND THAT CHAKDE COULD NOT AFFORD TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE AT THE PRICES OFFERED IF IT WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE HOSTING CONTRACTOR OR PAYMENT PROCESSOR.
6. Limitations of Liability.
- 1. Disclaimer of Indirect Damages. EXCEPT FOR (A) CUSTOMER’S OBLIGATION TO PAY ALL AMOUNTS DUE HEREUNDER; (B) ITS INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS; AND (C) ITS BREACH OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS HEREIN (INCLUDING ANY LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF THE SERVICE), IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, PROFITS OR REVENUE) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE.
- 2. Damages Cap. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, CHAKDE TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER TO CHAKDE DURING THE THEN-CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION TERM WHATEVER THE MOMENT OF THE THEN-CURRENT PERIOD (EXCLUDING NON-INFRINGEMENT AND CLAIM RELATED TO DATA PROTECTION).
- 3. Basis of the Bargain. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 8 ARE A FUNDAMENTAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN, THAT CHAKDE HAS SET ITS FEES IN RELIANCE ON THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE PROVISIONS, AND THAT THEY SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THAT ANY REMEDY SHALL FAIL ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- 1. Chakde Indemnification. Chakde shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Customer and its directors, officers, and employees (“Customer Indemnified Parties”) from and against any third-party claims, actions, proceedings, demands, lawsuits, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs)(collectively, “Claims”) to the extent the Service infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates (collectively, “Infringes”) any third party intellectual property or proprietary right.
- 2. Customer Indemnification. Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chakde and its directors, officers, employees, agents and providers (“Chakde Indemnified Parties”) from and against any Claims based on the Customer Data effectively uploaded by the Customer, excluding any such Claim to the extent resulting from Chakde use of the Customer Data in violation of this Agreement.
- 3. Indemnification Process. As conditions of the indemnification obligations in Sections 9.1-9.2 above: (a) the applicable Customer Indemnified Party or Chakde Indemnified Party (the “Indemnitee”) will provide the indemnifying Party (the “Indemnitor”) with prompt written notice of any Claim for which indemnification is sought (provided that failure to so notify will not remove the Indemnitor’s indemnification obligations except to the extent it is prejudiced thereby), (b) the Indemnitee will permit the Indemnitor to control the defense and settlement of such Claim, and (c) the Indemnitee will reasonably cooperate with the Indemnitor in connection with the Indemnitor’s evaluation, defense and settlement of such Claim. In defending any Claim, the Indemnitor shall use counsel reasonably satisfactory to the other Party. The Indemnitor shall not settle or compromise any such Claim or consent to the entry of any judgment without the prior written consent of the other Party (not unreasonably withheld).
- 4. Exclusions. Chakde obligations in Section 9.1 above shall not apply to any Claim to the extent arising from or relating to (a) misuse of the Service not strictly in accordance with the documentation therefor, Chakde instructions, and this Agreement; (b) any modification, alteration or conversion of the Service not created or approved in writing by Chakde; (c) any combination of the Service with any computer, hardware, software or service not provided by Chakde; (d)Chakde compliance with specifications or other requirements of Customer; or (e) any third party data or Customer Data. If the Service is or may be subject to a Claim of Infringement described in Section 9.1 above, Chakde may, at its cost and sole discretion: (i) obtain the right for Customer to continue using the Service as contemplated herein; (ii) replace or modify the Service so that it becomes non-Infringing without substantially compromising its principal functions; or (iii) to the extent the foregoing are not commercially reasonable, terminate this Agreement and return to Customer any pre-paid fees for the Service associated with the then-current Subscription Term. Chakde obligations in this Section 9 shall be Chakde sole obligations, and Customer’s sole remedies, in the event of any Infringement of intellectual property or proprietary rights by or related to the Service.
- 1. Definitions. “Confidential Information” means information that is disclosed by either Party (the “Disclosing Party”) to the other Party (the “Receiving Party”) hereunder during the Subscription Term that is clearly labeled or identified as confidential or proprietary when disclosed, or that, under the circumstances, should reasonably be treated as confidential, including without limitation information (tangible or intangible) regarding a Party’s technology, designs, techniques, research, know-how, specifications, product plans, pricing, customer information, user data, current or future strategic information, current or future business plans, policies or practices, employee information, and other business and technical information. “Confidential Information” shall not include any information that (a) is or becomes generally known to the public through no fault of, or breach of this Agreement by, the Receiving Party; (b) is rightfully in the Receiving Party’s possession at the time of disclosure without an obligation of confidentiality; (c) is independently developed by the Receiving Party without use of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information; or (d) is rightfully obtained by the Receiving Party from a third party without restriction on use or disclosure. In addition, (i) the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be deemed to be Confidential Information of both Parties; (ii) the Service and Chakde Technology shall be deemed Confidential Information of Chakde, regardless of whether or not they are labeled or identified, or would reasonably be considered confidential; and (iii) Customer Data shall be deemed Confidential Information of Customer.
- 1. Assignment. This Agreement and any rights or obligations hereunder may not be assigned, sublicensed or otherwise transferred by either Party without the prior written consent of the other Party (not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed), except that either Party may assign or transfer this Agreement without the other Party’s consent (i) to any of its affiliates, or (b) upon a change of control of a party, a sale of all or substantially all assets of that party, or by operation of law, in each case, by providing the non-assigning party with prior written notice thereof provided that the assignee agrees in writing to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement. Customer understands and agrees that, in the event its assignment of the Agreement results in a material change in Service usage, Chakde may require a renegotiation of Service pricing.
- 2. Entire Agreement; Precedence; Amendment. This Agreement (including the Order Form) contains the complete understanding and agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, oral or written, with respect thereto. In the event of conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Order Form, the Order Form will control and take precedence only with respect to pricing, payment and other such commercial matters that do not affect the Parties’ fundamental responsibilities and risk allocations herein. Each Party hereby rejects the inclusion of any pre-printed terms and conditions on any purchase orders or other such contract documents. All amendments must be in signed writing.
- 3. Notices. Chakde may give any notices issued in connection with this Agreement by email to Customer at the email address given by Customer when creating its account, and such notices shall be effective upon confirmation of transmission to Customer.
- 4. Force Majeure. Neither Party will be liable to the other Party for any failure or delay in performance by circumstances beyond its control, including, fire, labor difficulties, telecommunication failures, Internet unavailability, governmental actions or terrorism, provided that the Party seeking to rely on such circumstances gives written notice of such circumstances to the other Party and uses reasonable efforts to overcome such circumstances.